You have studied the secrets of alchemy and are an expert in its practice.
- Increase your Intelligence score by 1, to a maximum of 20.
- You gain proficiency with alchemist’s supplies. If you are already proficient with them, you add double your proficiency bonus to checks you make with them.
- As an action, you can identify one potion within 5 feet of you, as if you had tasted it. You must see the liquid for this benefit to work.
- Over the course of any short rest, you can temporarily improve the potency of one potion of healing of any rarity. To use this benefit, you must have alchemist’s supplies with you, and the potion must be within reach. If the potion is drunk no more than 1 hour after the short rest ends, the creature drinking the potion can forgo the potion’s die roll and regains the maximum number of hit points that the potion can restore.
You have studied tactics under the masters
- You may use your Intelligence modifier in place of your Dexterity modifier when rolling initiative
- When you roll initiative, you can choose one willing creature within 30 feet of you that can see or hear you. You swap initiative results with the creature.
- You can use the help action (PHB pg 192) to aid a creature within 10 feet of you that can see or hear you
You master the shortsword, longsword, scimitar, rapier, and greatsword.
- You gain a +1 bonus to attack rolls you make with the weapon.
- On your turn, you can use your reaction to assume a parrying stance, provided you have the weapon in hand. Doing so grants you a +1 bonus to your AC until the start of your next turn or until you’re not holding the weapon.
- When you make an opportunity attack with the weapon, you have advantage on the attack roll.
You are accustomed to being blind and have learned to use your other senses to replace your missing sight.
Prerequisite: Wis 13, Proficiency in perception
- Your Dexterity score increases by +1, to a maximum of 20.
- Attackers do not have advantage against you when you are blind, nor do you suffer disadvantage on your own attacks within 30 feet.
You pride yourself on your quickness and your close study of certain clandestine activities.
- Increase your Dexterity score by 1, to a maximum of 20.
- You gain proficiency with thieves’ tools. If you are already proficient with them, you add double your proficiency bonus to checks you make with them
You have quick hands and an even quicker wit. You use this in combat to your benefit
- Increase your Charisma by 1, to a maximum of 20
- Against creatures with an intelligence score of 3 or higher, you may use your bonus action to attempt to feint in battle. Make an opposed Charisma (deception) check against your target’s Wisdom (insight). Success gives you advantage on your next single attack against that creature. Failing the contested roll results in no effect, but regardless of outcome, you may not target this particular individual with a Feint for another minute.
You master the handaxe, battleaxe, greataxe, warhammer, and maul.
- You gain a +1 bonus to attack rolls you make with the weapon.
- Whenever you have advantage on a melee attack roll you make with the weapon and hit, you can knock the target prone if the lower of the two d20 rolls would also hit the target.
- Whenever you have disadvantage on a melee attack roll you make with the weapon, the target takes bludgeoning damage equal to your Strength modifier (minimum of 0) if the attack misses but the higher of the two d20 rolls would have hit.
- If you use the Help action to aid an ally’s melee attack while you’re wielding the weapon, you knock the target’s shield aside momentarily. In addition to the ally gaining advantage on the attack roll, the ally gains a +2 bonus to the roll if the target is using a shield.
The flail is a tricky weapon to use, but you have spent countless hours mastering it.
- You gain a +1 bonus to attack rolls you make with a flail.
- As a bonus action on your turn, you can prepare yourself to extend your flail to sweep over targets’ shields. Until the end of this turn, your attack rolls with a flail gain a +2 bonus against any target using a shield.
- When you hit with an opportunity attack using a flail, the target must succeed on a Strength saving throw (DC 8 + your proficiency bonus + your Strength modifier) or be knocked prone
You have mastered a variety of special recipes, allowing you to prepare exotic dishes with useful effects.
- Increase your Constitution score by 1, to a maximum of 20.
- You gain proficiency with cook’s utensils. If you are already proficient with them, you add double your proficiency bonus to checks you make with them.
- As an action, you can inspect a drink or plate of food within 5 feet of you and determine whether it is poisoned, provided that you can see and smell it.
- During a long rest, you can prepare and serve a meal that helps you and your allies recover from the rigors of adventuring, provided you have suitable food, cook’s utensils, and other supplies on hand. The meal serves up to six people, and each person who eats it regains two additional Hit Dice at the end of the long rest. In addition, those who partake of the meal have advantage on Constitution saving throws against disease for the next 24 hours.
You are able to attune with magic items more easily.
- You can tell if an item is magical by touching it. You do not gain knowledge of any properties, merely whether or not an item is magical.
- You may attune with a number of magic items, equal to three or your proficiency bonus, whichever is greater
MASTER OF DISGUISE
You have honed your ability to shape your personality and to read the personalities of others.
- Increase your Charisma score by 1, to a maximum of 20.
- You gain proficiency with the disguise kit. If you are already proficient with it, you add double your proficiency bonus to checks you make with it.
- If you spend 1 hour observing a creature, you can then spend 8 hours crafting a disguise you can quickly don to mimic that creature. Making the disguise requires a disguise kit. You must make checks as normal to disguise yourself, but you can assume the disguise as an action.
You have a knack for using poisons to their best effect.
- You gain proficiency in the poisoner’s kit, If you are already proficient with it, you add double your proficiency bonus to checks you make with it
- You gain advantage on rolls to harvest poison and cannot trigger a mishap when harvesting
- You have been exposed to many poisons and have built up a tolerance to them. You may add your proficiency bonus to your personal saves against poison.
SHAKE IT OFF
You recover quickly from critical hits.
- After being dealt a critical hit, you may expend a Hit Die as a reaction after you are dealt the damage. If you are unconscious, you may not use this ability. This counts against your total number of Hit Dice you may use per day.
You have trained to truly master the use of the shield.
Prerequisite: Proficiency in shields
- You are proficient with improvised weapon attacks made with a shield
- Your improvised weapon attacks made with a shield use a d6 for damage When you take the attack action, you can use a bonus action to make an improvised weapon attack with your shield. You do not add your ability modifier to the damage of this attack.
Though the spear is a simple weapon to learn, it rewards you for the time you have taken to master it.
- You gain a +1 bonus to attack rolls you make with a spear.
- When you use a spear, its damage die changes from a d6 to a d8, and from a d8 to a d10 when wielded with two hands. (This benefit has no effect if another feature has already improved the weapon’s die.)
- You can set your spear to receive a charge. As a bonus action, choose a creature you can see that is at least 20 feet away from you. If that creatures moves within your spear’s reach on its next turn, you can make a melee attack against it with your spear as a reaction. If the attack hits, the target takes an extra 1d8 piercing damage, or an extra 1d10 piercing damage if you wield the spear with two hands. You can’t use this ability if the creature used the Disengage action before moving. * As a bonus action on your turn, you can increase your reach with a spear by 5 feet for the rest of your turn.